- Thu, May 28Twitter (#WBTC1, #Conserve3)May 28, 2020, 5:00 PM – 5:15 PM UTCTwitter (#WBTC1, #Conserve3)From May 27–29th, use the hashtag #WBTC1 to join a bat research conference on Twitter! It's free and no registration required https://worldbats.wpcomstaging.com. Jason Preble will be presenting on the roosting habits of Okinawan tree-roosting bats May 28 17:00 UTC (unfortunately 2am Japan time...)
- Sat, Feb 29Kyoto University North Campus
- Thu, Jan 09Kyoto University
- Sat, Nov 16Tokai University, Iriomote Center
- Sat, Aug 31Yambaru Wildlife Conservation CenterAug 31, 2019, 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM GMT+9Yambaru Wildlife Conservation Center, 263-1 Hiji, Kunigami, Kunigami-gun, Okinawa 905-1413, JapanAs part of a night of talks on Okinawa's rarest mammals, Jason will be talking about his research on the ecology and conservation of Okinawa's tree-dwelling microbats
- Thu, Aug 01Kyoto University
- Sat, Jun 22Clock Tower Centennial Hall
- Fri, Mar 15Kobe International Conference CenterMar 15, 2019, 9:00 AM GMT+9 – Mar 19, 2019, 12:00 PM GMT+9Kobe International Conference Center, 6-chōme-9-1 Minatojima Nakamachi, Chūō-ku, Kobe, Hyogo 650-0046, JapanYuto Taki will present a poster on "Genetic diversity analysis of the Ryukyu flying fox" from 1 – 2:30pm on Mar 17 in Hall P. Masato Hashizume will give an oral presentation concerning "Research on vocal communication in Ryukyu Flying-foxes (Pteropus dasymallus inopinatus)" at 4pm Mar 16 in Room L.
- Fri, Mar 01University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa
- Fri, Sep 07Shinshu UniversitySep 07, 2018, 9:00 AM GMT+9 – Sep 10, 2018, 6:00 PM GMT+9Shinshu University, 3-chōme-1-1 Asahi, Matsumoto, Nagano 390-8621, JapanJason Preble will give an oral Presentation on Seasonal Responses to Acoustic Luring and Preliminary Acoustic Surveying of the Ryukyu Tube-nosed Bat and Yanbaru Whiskered Bat.
- Mon, Apr 23Kyoto University Press ClubApr 23, 2018, 1:30 PMKyoto University Press Club, Yoshidahonmachi, Sakyo Ward, Kyoto, Kyoto Prefecture 606-8501, JapanMembers of the IBRG will be disclosing findings to the media at the Press Club, Kyoto University. This press conference will focus on research by Jason Preble on rare microbats in Yanbaru forest, Okinawa island.